Tuesday, August 4, 2020

The Lounge

Home Forums WDSA Forum The Lounge

• Creator
    Topic
    onyadon
    Keymaster

The Lounge

I’ve decided to spruce up the web-site a wee bit (even with our new logo – any comments?). Another new feature is the single thread forum, so you can jump on and have your say, ask a question or just read what is being said. As I always say the forum is only as strong as what you make of it, so I would urge you to contribute and regularly to keep it all worthwhile. BTW, if you want to check something in the old forum it is now archived and the link is below… Okay let’s hear from you …

Looking for the old forum? You can view the read-only archived version here.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Adam Dodds.
Viewing 6 replies - 1,405 through 1,410 (of 1,420 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Wimbledon_rumours
    Participant

Anybody heard anything about Lyle Taylor I’ve seen something on Twitter but…

Wimbledon_rumours
    Participant

So apparently us, Wycombe and Yeovil have inquired about Tubbs and want to take him on loan…

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by onyadon.
    Colum
    Participant

Then there the ever present Tubbs rumour. The latest has Paul Cook saying he won’t prevent Matt leaving if he wants first team football. Could we see him return, and what sort of reception would he get from the fans?

Colum
    Participant

I’d be concerned if Jake Reeves went, and we didn’t have someone else to replace him. Everything goes through him when we have the ball, and his work rate is superb. OK someone like Vose would add goals, but we also need someone in the Sammy Moore type role to sit deeper.

Wimbledon_rumours
    Participant

I’ve heard about Vose but not the others. I would like Vose to join and obviously I would like Tubbs to join because he is a massive threat upfront but IMO it won’t happen and in all honesty I don’t want it to..

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by onyadon.
    Windlesham Don
    Participant

Of those rumours Rob, the only player I would be interested in is Vose from Wrexham. We could do with a goal scoring midfielder and we also currently have little cover if Reeves or Bulman get injured/suspended. Somehow I suspect we will be outbid by a bigger club willing to shell the cash and take a gamble.
    IMO we also need cover at centre back as with Nightingale injured we only have Sweeney to cover. However, I suspect all of the players mentioned as targets would need to start and that would be unfair on Robinson and Osbourne, who are building a decent partnership.
    IMO the Tubbs long-standing Tubbs rumour is a non-starter. He would cost too much and we have 4 decent strikers. It sounds like Bayo is staying and if so then IMO the strikers are sorted for the season. My guess is that Mr Tubbs will suffer the ignominy of a move to Eastleigh!
    I hope we keep all of the youngsters, especially the U18 lads who must be buzzing at the moment! However, I wouldn’t be bothered if Oakley departed. In all the times I have seen him I have seen nothing that indicates to me he will develop into a league standard striker – I hope to be proven wrong, though. Harrison on the other hand looked a real talent and I hope that if he leaves it is only on loan to the end of the season.

Viewing 6 replies - 1,405 through 1,410 (of 1,420 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.