Tuesday, August 4, 2020

The Lounge

Home Forums WDSA Forum The Lounge

• Creator
    Topic
    onyadon
    Keymaster

The Lounge

I’ve decided to spruce up the web-site a wee bit (even with our new logo – any comments?). Another new feature is the single thread forum, so you can jump on and have your say, ask a question or just read what is being said. As I always say the forum is only as strong as what you make of it, so I would urge you to contribute and regularly to keep it all worthwhile. BTW, if you want to check something in the old forum it is now archived and the link is below… Okay let’s hear from you …

Looking for the old forum? You can view the read-only archived version here.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Adam Dodds.
Viewing 6 replies - 1,375 through 1,380 (of 1,420 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Colum
    Participant

Work and weather permitting, I’ll attend the Youth Club tie versus Chelsea on Tuesday. It would be great to see a good crowd there. The club rightly seems to be treating this as if it was a first team league game. There is sponsorship and pre-match hospitality available. It would be great to see those who can, attend the game. It would be a great opportunity to show our support for those who may well be Dons players in our inaugural season in the new stadium.

Colum
    Participant

The signing of Roos will be interesting. I thought the interesting comment made by Neil Ardley was the need to command the box. Shea has never been one to do that. If you watch him on crosses, he rarely goes far from his goal line and seems physically timid. I think this could be the end of Shea as our first choice keeper.

onyadon
    Keymaster

So Matt Tubbs ran out of time during the January transfer window to negotiate his wage demands with Eastleigh (Conference) and is staying at Portsmouth for the time being, may be more likelihood of a move in the emergency loan period which opens shortly. The Dons signed Dutch goalkeeper Kells Roos on loan from Derby County. He’s 6ft 4in and apparently has ability to command his box, which apparently James Shea has been unable to do lately. It will be interesting how this one pans out. Is Shea now out of favour? We’ll see… BTW, Michael Smith, who did well for us on loan a couple of seasons back, has joined Portsmouth on loan from Swindon Town.
    Any thoughts on Shea?

Devon Womble
    Participant

With greatest of respect to all, I was offering a bit of a parody of myself with my post-match comment. We are indeed good enough not to fear the ‘R’ word, but it wouldn’t take much to slip into mid-table anonimity, something I believe we are better than.
    And therein lies the frustration with the Yeovil game. All that has dragged us down in the past… losing control, abysmal refereeing, and a traditional failure to expect there to be teams out there fighting harder than us, loomed all over the pitch Saturday…. Demons I thought we had banished or at least learned to deal with. Our performance in the next match will now become highly influential in the ‘end of term’ assessment.

liamwimbo
    Participant

Not a great result on the weekend. Sadly it was a bit predictable we would lose at home to a bottom team after such a great run. But to worry about the “R” word is frankly, ridiculous. What needs to happen is to take our away form into home games. We may not make the playoffs, but would be a nice change to keep the season alive with the hope of doing so into March and April (especially as I will be there in March).
    PS new-found respect to Chelsea for thrashing the scum and chanting our name at the match.

Devon Womble
    Participant

Worried….. The bottom clubs are sneaking points, and we still need eight points for safety…. Has the traditional slide down the table just started a little later this year?????
    On today’s form, the play-offs can be filed once again under Fantasy and Fiction. Yeovil had done their homework and perhaps as a result of that we seemed to lose the plot (and lose composure)… although I have to say that the referee was once again an incompetent clown I wouldn’t trust to take charge of a game of Subbuteo.

Viewing 6 replies - 1,375 through 1,380 (of 1,420 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.