Tuesday, August 4, 2020

The Lounge

Home Forums WDSA Forum The Lounge

• Creator
    Topic
    onyadon
    Keymaster

The Lounge

I’ve decided to spruce up the web-site a wee bit (even with our new logo – any comments?). Another new feature is the single thread forum, so you can jump on and have your say, ask a question or just read what is being said. As I always say the forum is only as strong as what you make of it, so I would urge you to contribute and regularly to keep it all worthwhile. BTW, if you want to check something in the old forum it is now archived and the link is below… Okay let’s hear from you …

Looking for the old forum? You can view the read-only archived version here.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Adam Dodds.
Viewing 6 replies - 1,369 through 1,374 (of 1,420 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    liamwimbo
    Participant

Well there is no doubt that we will be underdogs, but that is how Wimbledon like it. Did not realise they were the holders and having beaten Man Utd 5-1 in the previous round, they are obviously going to be hard to beat. But with a potential 3,000 fans cheering them on, who knows? Win or lose, another small step forward for our remarkable football club. Maybe 1 or 2 playing tonight will be gracing New Plough Lane in a few years time.

onyadon
    Keymaster

And those going to the Under 18s FA Youth Cup game against ‘the best Under 18 side in Europe’, we would love your analysis/insights on the tie…..

onyadon
    Keymaster

A cracker issue of Wombles Downunder #216 is about to hit inboxes this week… how about this for a lineup… Kevin Gage, Paul Fishenden, Ian Cooke, Rob Cornell, our very own special report from inside the Under18s camp, a bulging Around League 2, a tribute to Don Howe, more on WDSA’s planned prilgrimage to our ‘spiritual home’ PLUS a lot more from our wonderful regulars. 25 pages literally crammed with thoughtful pieces and devoted all to the Dons …. the longest running (by far) Wimbledon fanzine.

liamwimbo
    Participant

Totally agree with your analysis, Windlesham. We are are in a bunch of teams all in with a shout of a play-off place. If we are good enough, we will do it, but we need to win several of these upcoming 6-pointers. Am heading over to the UK in March, so hope to see 3 wins v Accy, Morecombe and York. Should that happen we will be well in the hunt. I think Shea is a good keeper, but there have always been doubts about his size and his presence in the box, so well done to Ardley for giving him some competition. Whatever happens, we should be celebrating our best ever finish since regaining our rightful place in the League.

Windlesham Don
    Participant

After our washout yesterday there were some interesting results. IMO the playoff spots are all open, but I would expect the current top 3 to close out those positions over the coming weeks.
    For the playoff spots I feel we can perm any 4 from 9: Bristol Rovers, Mansfield, Orient, Pompey, Accrington, Cambridge, Wycombe, Carlisle and us. Hopefully, we will hang in there to the end while some of the others fade away.
    Mansfield have tough trips to Oxford and Plymouth this week, so I won’t be upset if they get null points from those! Rumour in the weekend press is that Gareth Ainsworth is wanted by Barnsley. If he goes then I’d be confident that the challenge of the Chairboys will fade.
    The others all look strong – Pompey have been known to buckle under the pressure and the last couple of months of the season will be physically and mentally tough for newly promoted Bristol Rovers. However, Orient are clicking into gear after picking up some canny (and probably expensive) signings – Nolan, McAnuff and Gnanduillet. Big spending Cambridge are also back in form with a bunch of big club loanees.
    I feel that we have the quality to claim one of the playoff places, we just need to stop giving away stupid goals. Hopefully the new keeper will add some dominance at the back and allow the centre backs to concentrate on their own jobs rather than protecting a shaky keeper.
    Personally, I feel that the next 6 games, all toughies, will give us a good idea where we stand.

Windlesham Don
    Participant

I’ll also be there, Colum, weather permitting. I’ve heard that the club have sold 2000 tickets and are hoping for 3-3.5k in total, so it should be a great atmosphere for the youngsters.

Viewing 6 replies - 1,369 through 1,374 (of 1,420 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.