Tuesday, August 4, 2020

The Lounge

Home Forums WDSA Forum The Lounge

• Creator
    Topic
    onyadon
    Keymaster

The Lounge

I’ve decided to spruce up the web-site a wee bit (even with our new logo – any comments?). Another new feature is the single thread forum, so you can jump on and have your say, ask a question or just read what is being said. As I always say the forum is only as strong as what you make of it, so I would urge you to contribute and regularly to keep it all worthwhile. BTW, if you want to check something in the old forum it is now archived and the link is below… Okay let’s hear from you …

Looking for the old forum? You can view the read-only archived version here.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Adam Dodds.
Viewing 6 replies - 1,393 through 1,398 (of 1,420 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    onyadon
    Keymaster

Dominic Vose of Wrexham remains on the Dons’ radar….

Wimbledon_rumours
    Participant

Hearing that were in talks with Nigel reo Coker

Devon Womble
    Participant

Strewth! I dont know whether to be gobsmacked by yet another second half blinder, or the fact that, for the most part at least, Mansfield played football!
    While I don’t see us getting promoted (or perhaps think we shouldn’t risk it?) I am relieved to think that we might start enjoying the season at last (Hooray!)

liamwimbo
    Participant

Well we are at the crossroads of the season. The Dons have been in a similar position the last two years, but failed to push on. Can they do it this season? I believe they can. The squad is better. Taylor is playing well and Azzeez may finally be coming good, so attack is OK. Reeves has been good in midfield supported by Bulman. Robinson has been solid and we have Shea back in goal. Away form has been very good. We also seem to have developed a harder edge to our game after the pitiful display against Stevenage. So if, and it is a big if, we can improve our home form and repeat the first half of the season with two or three more wins than we had in that period, we should hit the 70 point target that will maybe get us into the play-offs. Of course that starts tonight versus the cloggers from Mansfield. I am going for a scrappy 1-0 win. COYD.

Windlesham Don
    Participant

OK, so here we go with the first set of matchday ramblings in the new ‘freestyle’ forum! And IMO a very interesting one to kick off with…

I feel that this is an important match for us, which could go some way to shaping the rest of our season. The reason for this view is that in recent seasons Mansfield are just the type of team to ‘do a number’ on us – we’ve seen it before: attack a team with a solid defence, over commit and then see the performance unravel as the opposition hit us on the break and stroll off with the three points.

In my view, if we are to challenge for a playoff spot then we need to recognise the games where 0-0 is not a bad result. I feel that tomorrow is one of those games. By all means be positive and attack, but not at the expense of a solid defensive performance. We have to recognise that Mansfield have a great record away from home and also that they concede very few goals on their travels. In addition, with our following two games against teams who have had troubles this season and who will not be brimming with confidence, we have an opportunity to start a good run on the back of two excellent results over the festive period.

Whether the management and the players will share my view, and whether the supporters at KM will be patient if they don’t see an all out attack performance is another matter.

I just hope I am not posting tomorrow about another ‘same old, same old’ performance and another naïve defeat in the face of streetwise opponents.

My hope is for a mature, professional performance, and if that results in a dull and boring 0-0 then I may be the only Womble with a little smile on his face…

COYD!!

Windlesham Don
    Participant

Just can’t understand why we would be interested in Tubbs, unless there is a bid on the table for Lyle Taylor.

We have 4 decent strikers and out of those Tubbs would only be a replacement for Taylor or Azeez. He doesn’t offer the physicality of Bayo or Elliott (or Azeez for that matter). He does offer goals, of course, but to play around him we would need to change our style and I really don’t think we would want to do that half way through the season.

In my view we should stick with the strikers we have and perhaps bolster midfield to help them out.

Viewing 6 replies - 1,393 through 1,398 (of 1,420 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.