The Lounge

Home Forums WDSA Forum The Lounge

This topic contains 1,168 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Windlesham Don 2 hours, 26 minutes ago.

• Creator
    Topic

onyadon
    Keymaster

The Lounge

I’ve decided to spruce up the web-site a wee bit (even with our new logo – any comments?). Another new feature is the single thread forum, so you can jump on and have your say, ask a question or just read what is being said. As I always say the forum is only as strong as what you make of it, so I would urge you to contribute and regularly to keep it all worthwhile. BTW, if you want to check something in the old forum it is now archived and the link is below… Okay let’s hear from you …

Looking for the old forum? You can view the read-only archived version here.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Adam Dodds.
Viewing 6 replies - 985 through 990 (of 1,168 total)
  • Author
    Replies

onyadon
    Keymaster

Good to have you back MDD, we’ll be trying to keep the far-flung supporters informed and entertained!!!! Keep coming back (and you others as well)…

martindownunderdon
    Participant

Hi Rob,so glad you are giving it another go for all us far flung supporters. So no points yet with some bad defending but our overall performance seems to be good. Look at our start last year and look what happened come on you Dons onward and upwards.

Singapore Don
    Participant

Windlesham, what are you hearing about LTB? It’s a week now since Ardley had contract talks with him and we’ve not heard anything. Taylor has looked downbeat in games, not the always smiling, cheekily grinning happy striker of last season. You can’t help but think he’s looking elsewhere.

Singapore Don
    Participant

Funny how impressions can be different. This jury is not out on Poleon. I’ve seen him play in a few games and he’s looked s much, much better footballer than Azeez. He’s less of a headless chicken than Azeez. Young Ade was brilliantly powerful and athletic but still had a long way to go in improving his football decision making and intelligence. Having said that, I would have been happy for him to stay with us and develop that side of his game, but in Poleon we haves more than capable and better developed footballer, so we are certainly no weaker. As for Kelly, this jury is out here! He’s played well at times, he’s tall which is great you would think fur defending set pieces – though that clearly hasn’t been the case yet – but it’s his lack of pace and occasional positional absence which worries me. A Walsall newspaper described him as “lanky, slow left back” who was exploited by their strikers, and that was a fair analysis. He was way out of position up field for Bolton to exploit our empty left back position to get their cross in for their second goal. He’s young and will improve, but he’s not the finished product, and he needs to improve his fitness to the levels of the nearly ten years older Fuller over at right back. So with the greatest of respect: a different jury, different verdict!

Windlesham Don
    Participant

Colum – I watched Dom Poleon in a couple of PSFs and at Walsall and he looked promising, certainly better than he did on Saturday where our ‘huff and puff’ tactics of chasing the game came up against a better calibre of centre back than we met in League 2! My concern for him is that he will not be content with the ‘Azeez role’ – he would consider himself a starter in League 1 and I worry about his commitment should he spend any length of time as a bench-warmer.

Rumours continue to float around Lyle Taylor and Dom’s best chance may be a period in the starting XI if LTB does depart (for a big fee, obviously).

Tuesday/Saturday again this week and the worry beads will be out in force if we are still pointless come Sunday…

Colum
    Participant

I see Ade Azeez is also little more than an impact sub at Thistle. It is a shame to see players like this move to clubs only to get what they could have got with us. I suppose their wages are higher though.

I like the look of Kelly though. I don’t think we’ll miss Callam with him as backup. Less sure about Poleon though from what I’ve seen. The jury is still out with him.

Viewing 6 replies - 985 through 990 (of 1,168 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.