The Lounge

Home Forums WDSA Forum The Lounge

This topic contains 1,168 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Windlesham Don 3 hours, 17 minutes ago.

• Creator
    Topic

onyadon
    Keymaster

The Lounge

I’ve decided to spruce up the web-site a wee bit (even with our new logo – any comments?). Another new feature is the single thread forum, so you can jump on and have your say, ask a question or just read what is being said. As I always say the forum is only as strong as what you make of it, so I would urge you to contribute and regularly to keep it all worthwhile. BTW, if you want to check something in the old forum it is now archived and the link is below… Okay let’s hear from you …

Looking for the old forum? You can view the read-only archived version here.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Adam Dodds.
Viewing 6 replies - 943 through 948 (of 1,168 total)
  • Author
    Replies

onyadon
    Keymaster

Wondrous news for all Dons.. we’re going home to Plough Lane….

onyadon
    Keymaster

Dave and others, here is the WDSA article reproduced from the AFC Wimbledon match programme….

WDSA article in AFC Wimbledon match programme

Windlesham Don
    Participant

Colum – They certainly managed to show every last second of interest!!

Looking at it the day after, for me the key play was Elliott missing an excellent headed chance just before half time (we couldn’t really see it from the other end of the ground). If we had gone in one up then I feel we would have taken the 3 points. Sadly, I do not feel that Tom is a natural goal scorer…

Plenty of positives to take for a full and intense week of training ahead of Rochdale, though.

COYD!

Colum
    Participant

Just watched the highlights of the Northampton game. How the hell did they eek out ten minutes of that game to show as highlights. If we were Premier League, that game deserved to be on last on Match of the Day.

Devon Womble
    Participant

From the statistics you would think the Dons are about to break through with a 5-0 win over someone (Rochdale???), but then again, maybe not.
    Elliot still seems to have his square head plugged in (or maybe he’s lost the round one), Taylor has been oddly absent (is he happy?), and Barcham, as ever, was snuffed out either by the opposition, or more commonly by his inability to finish what he starts.

I don’t know what formations we start our games in but it does strike me that we play best with three up front in a 4-3-3. While this is a tactical issue for NA, (and I’m sure he has his reasons ~ which I will never fathom out), I remain convinced the players ‘click’ better when we do.
    On a brighter note it was encouraging to see Kelly get in a good game, and Clarke did at least manage one save… but then it didn’t sound as though he needed to do much else.
    On the whole, Kelly I give some leeway to, Barcham none, Clarke the jury is still out.
    Onward Dons! The only way is up.

Singapore Don
    Participant

Really pleased we got our first point, although yet again it sounds as though we shortchanged ourselves and could have had all three points. This from The League Paper today: “The visitors had the better of proceedings. They created the better chances, posed more of a threat and could have stolen the spoils right at the end”. Sounds like we won the stats game again, but pulled up short again on the crucial goals stats. Good to hear from Windlesham that Clarke and Kelly performed well – Kelly makes The League Paper’s League One team of the day – and the clean sheet shows the defence did their job yesterday. Unfortunately the blank in the goals for column also shows that our strikers have work to do still. Taylor hasn’t yet scored in open play in a league match (his only league goal was a penalty against Walsall), Elliott has been playing well but not converting, and Barnett’s and Poleon’s cameo roles have yet to deliver any return. Slowly, slowly we’re getting there; hopefully next week we’ll get it right at both ends of the field to give us our first League One win. Rochdale have lost both their home games, so it’s there for the taking!

Viewing 6 replies - 943 through 948 (of 1,168 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.