Friday, April 26, 2024

The Lounge

Home Forums WDSA Forum The Lounge

Viewing 6 posts - 907 through 912 (of 1,494 total)
  • Author
    Colum
    Participant

One final word on the Oxford game. Liam Trotter won Man of the Match. He was the stand out contender, and it was great to see the big man at the post match festivities. You can catch part of it on the AFC Wimbledon Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/dominic.gunn.9/videos/1231186803678847/

This type of carry on is what makes our club different from any other. The rendition of “The Trotter Song” has to be one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed at a football game. And I’ve seen a few funny things watching Wimbledon over the past 35 years.

Colum
    Participant

Of all our remaining games, I can’t help feeling that Rochdale away is the most important. We simply HAVE to get something out of it. A point would do, but three would be nice. It won’t be easy, as Rochdale have some good players and play an open brand of football. Plus as they’ve shown in the FA Cup, they’re no mugs. Their league position doesn’t do them justice. If they beat us and win their games in hand, we will be sucked right back into the relegation struggle. OK we still have games against Fleetwood and Bury, but we don’t want to leave safety until then.

MacWomble
    Participant

Despite yesterday’s result, looking at the table and the fixtures, I am inclined to think that we are going to be safe – just! I see no such mercy for our twin city friends in MK-land. At the start of the season, would we have settled for safety, progress in the return Home, and the MK Dons to be relegated? And to retain the Gaffer! It looks like we will have another season where the Common remains free of litter and us everyday folk can get back to griping about the rubbish team rebuilding efforts, who is off the books at Chapel Allerton FC, who was seen talking to the Gaffer at FC Wisbech Utd, who is rumoured to be unhappy at Sligo Thistle and some fulmination as to why any player deserves to be the WDSA player-of-the-season.

Colum
    Participant

Whilst I agree with you MacWomble, if we lose on Friday and other results go against us, we could well be back in the bottom four.

liamwimbo
    Participant

Crucial game coming up on Friday. I reckon 3 wins will be just enough to keep us up, possibly on goal difference. But 2 of those need to be against the likes of Fleetwood. So squeaky bum time for us Dons fans. Best wishes to all of you Wombles over Easter.

Windlesham Don
    Participant

Definite squeaky bum time, Liam, and I am expecting a difficult game on Friday with Fleetwood climbing away from danger and with a very good away record.

If we are to claim the three points then we will need a full house behind the boys and a sprinkling of luck. My opinion is that we will get a very nervy draw.

Personally, I feel that we may get away with 51 or even 50 points for survival. Bury look sunk, Rochdale are struggling to make use of their games in hand and the Franchise have a tough run-in.

I’d be happy with two draws over the Easter weekend, but I am aware that most supporters would not feel that good enough…

COYD!!

Viewing 6 posts - 907 through 912 (of 1,494 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.