The Lounge

Home Forums WDSA Forum The Lounge

This topic contains 1,168 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Windlesham Don 3 hours, 18 minutes ago.

• Creator
    Topic

onyadon
    Keymaster

The Lounge

I’ve decided to spruce up the web-site a wee bit (even with our new logo – any comments?). Another new feature is the single thread forum, so you can jump on and have your say, ask a question or just read what is being said. As I always say the forum is only as strong as what you make of it, so I would urge you to contribute and regularly to keep it all worthwhile. BTW, if you want to check something in the old forum it is now archived and the link is below… Okay let’s hear from you …

Looking for the old forum? You can view the read-only archived version here.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Adam Dodds.
Viewing 6 replies - 841 through 846 (of 1,168 total)
  • Author
    Replies

liamwimbo
    Participant

Hi Singapore , hi Windlesham,
    Have been off grid while traveling around Cuba, but now back and will be at the Dons tomorrow, hopefully along with fellow WDSA member Dave K. Maybe meet up? Should be in the main bar about 12.30.
    Did manage to catch the news about NPL – What a great day for the club. Congratulations to Erik and all involved for making it happen.
    COYDs

Devon Womble
    Participant

Ten games… It now seems certain that we will be in the dogfights for relegation.
    NA goes for 4-4-2 again and gets it wrong… again.
    We go down to an early goal… again.
    We get hit by a sucker punch in the dying seconds… again.
    While it is good to see LTB waking up, there are still issues, but do you know what?… I think these issues are more with the people with the ipads than they are with the squad now.
    While we never really expected anything beyond a safe lower middle finish, it’s quite clear that the slow thinking tactics are what is now beginning to cost us.
    Tis all I’m saying.

Colum
    Participant

What have you been smoking MacWomble? Jesting aside, I’d hope our team has enough sense not to appoint anyone like Big Sam in any capacity.

Ken the Womble
    Participant

Obviously the move back to Plough Lane is a great one and necessary to improve our financial position and at least maintain our League 1 status, but I will miss parking at the ground, the close proximity to the pitch and other supporters standing around me. AFCW probably had the highest win ratio on Kingsmeadow than any other league team in the country.

MacWomble
    Participant

Great news on the stadium. And now we need to secure the services of Vinnie Jones with his hod and bricks (as he seems to be not longer Hollywood material) to lay the Foundation Stone and take us as far as the damp-proof coarse. Perhaps Sam the Man Allardyce will be purchasing one of our new and lo-cost housing units. Or, perhaps as we slip into a relegation spot, our brave executive can make a bold move to appoint him as new Gaffer (as sort of new Joe Kinnear). If the lads cannot win the next game on the basis of our good news, then we ought to be confused.

Singapore Don
    Participant

Joy, ecstasy, relief – just wow! The Dons really are coming home. Only a Judicial Review could thwart us, but the expense and legal reasons to go down that route make it highly, highly unlikely. I think this is really going to happen now. Looking forward to the trip to Coventry even more now. A raucously happy away crowd just needs three points for icing on this stadium news cake. Joy, joy.

Viewing 6 replies - 841 through 846 (of 1,168 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.