The Lounge

Home Forums WDSA Forum The Lounge

This topic contains 1,206 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Wimbledon_rumours 4 days, 7 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic

onyadon
    Keymaster

The Lounge

I’ve decided to spruce up the web-site a wee bit (even with our new logo – any comments?). Another new feature is the single thread forum, so you can jump on and have your say, ask a question or just read what is being said. As I always say the forum is only as strong as what you make of it, so I would urge you to contribute and regularly to keep it all worthwhile. BTW, if you want to check something in the old forum it is now archived and the link is below… Okay let’s hear from you …

Looking for the old forum? You can view the read-only archived version here.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Adam Dodds.
Viewing 6 replies - 841 through 846 (of 1,206 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Windlesham Don
    Participant

Test2

Colum
    Participant

Spot on Singapore Don. It was a great result, both at Bury and Bucks. But it was a fairly close run thing. Success is built on small margins. One missed tackle, one miskicked shot, and result could have been very different. Still one point the playoffs, and the unmentionables one point off relegation. Woohoo!

MacWomble
    Participant

This team is on the up. We are at ease in L1. Who would have thought we would be co close to a play-off position, even before the arrival of Santa. On a different note, it is a bit sad to hear of the terminal decline of greyhound racing in London. They have been around since 1928 and, like our club, have had struggles over the last decade. We could have gone that was as well. I guess times change and, despite everyone under 30 being glued to silly animations on expensive phones, we should be thankful that younger folk want to come and watch our club, rather than the prima-donnas in north London. Ah well, at least there are some positive for dog racing fans, though you would have to live in NSW to appreciate it.

Singapore Don
    Participant

Final thought for this amazing night, albeit someone else’s but well worth highlighting:

This time last year we were 16th in L2 having just been hammered 5-2 by Morecambe. The Frannies were 16th in the Championship.

Incredible. Happy days.

Singapore Don
    Participant

Wow, just wow. After the flat feeling at the end of the Swindon game – as dull an affair as you could ever dread to see – tonight’s performance and result were utterly exhilarating. I listened to the WDON commentary of the whole game, and we thoroughly deserved the three points. At last we got some just rewards in added time to make up for the last ditch agonies of Coventry and Rochdale, and so great to get the winner from a corner – our last of twelve on the night! The whole team sounded as though they all played superbly, from back to front, with Shea making a cracking save to boot. Barcham, Taylor, Parrett, Meades deserve particular mention in despatches.

So we are now 9th, above all the other promoted teams and putting some distance between us and the Unspeakables. The fact they threw away a 3-1 lead with just three minutes to go made the night all the more fantastic. These are heady days, with a run of just one defeat in 13 and unbeaten in 8 which surely must end at some point, but when it does we must remember this amazing spell and revel in it.

I’m going to Peterborough on Saturday, where we’ll have an enforced change at centre back with Robbo serving a suspension after picking up his fifth yellow card. Robertson may well be distracted by a new baby, or the imminent arrival of one, so young Nightingale could well be thrown in at the deep end. It’s going to be a tough match, Posh two places above us but on the same points. We are the form away team, they are right up there in the home form rankings. It’s going to be a tough battle – and I cannot wait! Come on you Dons!!

liamwimbo
    Participant

Over the moon with such a great result. Lots to discuss but can I just say that Ardley is doing a great job building a fantastic team spirit in the squad. We will need that in the coming months once the winter weather sets in. There is a link to a very good interview with him on the “other” forum. COYDs!!

Viewing 6 replies - 841 through 846 (of 1,206 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.