The Lounge

Home Forums WDSA Forum The Lounge

This topic contains 1,168 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Windlesham Don 3 hours, 7 minutes ago.

• Creator
    Topic

onyadon
    Keymaster

The Lounge

I’ve decided to spruce up the web-site a wee bit (even with our new logo – any comments?). Another new feature is the single thread forum, so you can jump on and have your say, ask a question or just read what is being said. As I always say the forum is only as strong as what you make of it, so I would urge you to contribute and regularly to keep it all worthwhile. BTW, if you want to check something in the old forum it is now archived and the link is below… Okay let’s hear from you …

Looking for the old forum? You can view the read-only archived version here.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Adam Dodds.
Viewing 6 replies - 835 through 840 (of 1,168 total)
  • Author
    Replies

onyadon
    Keymaster

Beaten just once in the last eight games, beating one of the highest scoring teams in L1 and keeping Gillingham scoreless, I think we can fairly say that Wimbledon are not out of their depth in L1, based on early season evidence. Almost one-quarter the way through and the Dons have nine teams below them despite losing points (4) in stoppage time at Rochdale and Coventry City and a potential League Cup replay at Peterborough United. The Dons have had a tough initiation to L1 with games against promotion contenders Bolton, Scunthorpe, Sheffield United and Northampton Town and yet are four points off the playoff spots (and no, I’m not suggesting anything!!) and one point off the relegation places (indicating how tight and competitive this league is). So I reckon we should be fairly pleased with how things are going so far, not hunky-dory, but as long as the Dons can keep the points ticking over and their heads above water we shouldn’t really expect much more. Neal Ardley is bringing the squad along. The ever-improving Dom Poleon (and remember he was bought as a replacement for the hit-or-miss Ade Azeez) has scored 4 L1 goals, James Shea has given some solidity to the previous fractious back four, Tom Elliott is proving a handful and Jon Meades has his admirers (including me). This is a long journey, there are many twists and turns to come, hopefully injuries won’t bite too hard. There is reason for optimism.

Colum
    Participant

Two goals to the good and a clean sheet. I’d take that under normal circumstances. But the icing on the cake was hearing the home fans sing, “We going home. We going home. We going. Football’s going home.” to reprise England’s Euro 1996 anthem.

MacWomble
    Participant

COYD. Let’s kick the Gills backside to the hole they come from. 4-1 to the Dons!

Singapore Don
    Participant

See you there Windlesham – and Liam. I share your gut feelings Wind. I went Coventry thinking we’d get a point; today, like you, I think we’ll come away empty handed. I hope I’m wrong, but they just look too strong for us. I just hope today won’t be our first spanking. We’ve managed to get through every game so far, apart from our opening one at Walsall, with only the odd goal in it for wins or defeats. I fear today we could lose with a 1-4 type scoreline. Please, please let me be wrong! I do think we’ll see a change in central defence, quite possibly Robertson in for Charles. Nightingale will probably be given a run out against Olymouth on Tuesday. Whatever today’s line-up, I just want them to play with their hearts and souls so we don’t go down without a gutsy good fight. Come on you Dons!

Windlesham Don
    Participant

Liam, Sing, I’ll be there with a Sunderland supporting friend who said he wanted to watch some ‘proper football’. Looking to arrive around 13:30 so I’ll try and seek you out – keep your eyes peeled for me, I’ll be in my (formerly) lucky green striped top.

Sometimes I have a good feeling about a game, but today I don’t! The Gills look a good outfit who are scoring (and conceding) for fun. Their midfield and attack look very strong on paper and I feel we will really need to be on our game to get anything out of the game.

A full house and the return of old boys Deji Oshilaja, Billy Knott and Ryan Jackson will add spice – they should all get good welcomes until the match starts.

AFCW 1 Gills 3, Att 4724, and back into the relegation zone tonight…

COYD!!

Singapore Don
    Participant

Hi Liam. Yes, it would be good to say hello and chew the Dons fat. I’ll try to find d you in the bar at 2ish. It could be a tough afternoon. I still haven’t quite got over the sucker punch of that 94th min Coventry equaliser. Blatant offside not given by worst linesman I’ve ever seen. Grrrrr.

Viewing 6 replies - 835 through 840 (of 1,168 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.