The Lounge

Home Forums WDSA Forum The Lounge

This topic contains 1,206 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Wimbledon_rumours 4 days, 6 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic

onyadon
    Keymaster

The Lounge

I’ve decided to spruce up the web-site a wee bit (even with our new logo – any comments?). Another new feature is the single thread forum, so you can jump on and have your say, ask a question or just read what is being said. As I always say the forum is only as strong as what you make of it, so I would urge you to contribute and regularly to keep it all worthwhile. BTW, if you want to check something in the old forum it is now archived and the link is below… Okay let’s hear from you …

Looking for the old forum? You can view the read-only archived version here.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Adam Dodds.
Viewing 6 replies - 775 through 780 (of 1,206 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Devon Womble
    Participant

You know… for me, the game changer was Jake Reeves. Watching online there was a distinct and repeated shout from him to crowd the CA goalie as he set up for the corner that lead to the breakthrough. He did the same thing for the second.
    I figure he had twigged during that 70th minute melee that the CA goalie was vulnerable when pressured. I don’t think even NA saw it…. and wasn’t Reeve’s lob onto the head of Elliot just sublime?
    In my books, Reeves has to be our next captain surely?

Singapore Don
    Participant

Woeful for 70 minutes, superb for 20 minutes – we can all breathe a big sigh of relief. It has to go down as one of the greatest Dons comebacks, second only probably to the West Ham one all those years ago, and it does demonstrate that the Wimbledon never say die spirt lives on. When that goal line scramble some how didn’t go in for us in about the 70th minute, it would have been easy for heads to drop and to think it wasn’t our day. But the team battled on and got their rewards. In true Wimbledon fashion they showed we never know when we are beaten.

Not sure Ardley’s 4-3-3 served us well for the first half, we were out numbered and played in midfield. But Ardley has to take credit for sticking Barnett on for the fightback, and credit to Barnett – who’s taken a lot of flak – for getting a superb equaliser for us. But it was that man Elliott again who was the game changer, and indeed game winner. Thank goodness we have Tom Elliott.

I had been thinking after an hour of the game that I was glad I hadn’t got up at stupid o’clock to go up to the game. Now I really wish I had! That is a game we’ll talk about for a long, long time.

MacWomble
    Participant

Too easy eh? Looked like amateur hour on a paddock. But job done. Curzon Who? Let’s hope for Manchester Utd next.

MacWomble
    Participant

What exactly is a Curzon Ashton? A vintage car? I see they play in Ashton-Under-Lyne. So, what is a Lyne and why is Ashton under it? All of this adds up to a heap of rubbish from the lower leagues who are up against a decent football team this week. The Gaffer’s boys are too good to go down and should easily dispatch this bunch of ashton’s back under the lyne. Should be a bit of fun for the fans and a chance for the Gaffer to get his fizzog on the goggle-box. Hey, I see the one mighty Karl Robinson is now bunking down in sunny Charlton. Perhaps some of you may bump into him at the weekend shopping; in the deli no doubt.

liamwimbo
    Participant

This tie reminds me of when I was 12 and the Dons were drawn away to Sutton United in the Cup. It was about the time I was getting into football properly and was probably my first away game. Despite being the “bigger” team, Wimbledon lost 3-1.
    So hopefully Ardley has prepared the team mentally for tonight. He has virtually a full squad to choose from, so it will depend a lot on their attitude, respectful but confident.
    I am pleased to hear the Dons are wearing green in honour of Chapecoense. These sort of tributes may have gone too far lately, but they seem to have been a Brazilian version of Wimbledon in the way they have risen up from the lower levels to challenge the big boys.
    Hasta la Victoria, Siempre!

Windlesham Don
    Participant

PS – If you are around Singapore, I’ll be in the Prince of Wales and would love to buy you a beer!

Viewing 6 replies - 775 through 780 (of 1,206 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.