The Lounge

Home Forums WDSA Forum The Lounge

This topic contains 1,168 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Windlesham Don 3 hours, 31 minutes ago.

• Creator
    Topic

onyadon
    Keymaster

The Lounge

I’ve decided to spruce up the web-site a wee bit (even with our new logo – any comments?). Another new feature is the single thread forum, so you can jump on and have your say, ask a question or just read what is being said. As I always say the forum is only as strong as what you make of it, so I would urge you to contribute and regularly to keep it all worthwhile. BTW, if you want to check something in the old forum it is now archived and the link is below… Okay let’s hear from you …

Looking for the old forum? You can view the read-only archived version here.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Adam Dodds.
Viewing 6 replies - 697 through 702 (of 1,168 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Singapore Don
    Participant

Well said Windlesham (and good to see you there). Very poor game in which we failed to test our old keeper once. Sutton bossed the midfield, and looked a lot more threatening in attack. Their number 21, Deacon, should be worth monitoring. It was only Sutton’s poor finishing that ensured we are still in the hat for the fourth round draw. Shame the ref didn’t see a penalty in the rckless challenge on Fuller, but no complaints the really with the result. We live to fight another day. Let’s hope we show some real fight in the replay.

Windlesham Don
    Participant

I’m not sure whether you managed to pick up live coverage Down Under, but if you didn’t then trust me you missed very little! A truly shocking match and a very poor performance from the Dons.

Personally I feel that NA’s approach to this game was wrong, highlighting how difficult the 3G pitch would be to play on. The players seemed to be very tentative on the surface and this seemed to produce a negative mindset as a result. The surface was undoubtedly ‘different’ and required extra concentration, but we lost virtually all of our one on one battles and 50/50 challenges and this had nothing to do with the pitch and everything to do with the attitude of the players.

We got away with a very poor performance which on another day would have seen us depart the competition, but the replay will be no walk in the park. Sutton will be heartened by their showing and will feel that another similar performance at Kingsmeadow will give them a good chance to progress.

The mindset of the coaching team and of the squad needs to be very different for the replay – it is time to show why we are top half League 1 and they are bottom half Conference…

onyadon
    Keymaster

The Dons didn’t slip up in a tricky FA Cup tie at Sutton United at evocative Gander Green Lane where the U’s have won nine games on the 3G pitch. James Shea made a fantastic save to keep the Dons in it, Tom Elliott and Paul Robinson came close to a winner in stoppage time. So the Dons get a replay back at Kingsmeadow on Tuesday January 17 and will be in the 4th round Cup draw on Monday. Can expect a better performance from the Dons the second time round.

liamwimbo
    Participant

Hi Martin
    I installed an app called Mobdro onto my Android device. Can stream most channels including Fox 2 USA which is showing the game. Seems to work quite well.

As for the game, it is very interesting returning to our place of re-birth. I was at that game and it was very emotional. I suspect emotion will also play a part today, so hopefully Neal has prepared the team to cope with that. No prediction, just hope we can play our best.

martindownunderdon
    Participant

Hi all happy new year to one and all,I see the game is live in the USA,anybody know if its on here.

MacWomble
    Participant

I find I have little of value to add to the Forum, except to note that the Dons are at least drawing rather than losing. They seem as strong as at any time. I think we are close in points to where we were at this stage last season, so there is everything to play for. The players seem to be motivated and more professional than in previous years. The crowds seem good. And no one is calling for the Gaffer’s head, unlike previous years. So, the omens are good. Let’s hope for a good cup result. I had not known that Sutton had a plastic pitch. I feel sorry for their players having to play on that. Shouldn’t be allowed. Happy New Year fellow Wombles! There is much litter to be cleared from the Common.

Viewing 6 replies - 697 through 702 (of 1,168 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.