The Lounge

Home Forums WDSA Forum The Lounge

This topic contains 1,168 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Windlesham Don 2 hours, 28 minutes ago.

• Creator
    Topic

onyadon
    Keymaster

The Lounge

I’ve decided to spruce up the web-site a wee bit (even with our new logo – any comments?). Another new feature is the single thread forum, so you can jump on and have your say, ask a question or just read what is being said. As I always say the forum is only as strong as what you make of it, so I would urge you to contribute and regularly to keep it all worthwhile. BTW, if you want to check something in the old forum it is now archived and the link is below… Okay let’s hear from you …

Looking for the old forum? You can view the read-only archived version here.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Adam Dodds.
Viewing 6 replies - 625 through 630 (of 1,168 total)
  • Author
    Replies

onyadon
    Keymaster

Welcome back Windlesham … and you only missed some noisy interlopers we had to eject at Kingsmeadow !!!

Windlesham Don
    Participant

Back from three weeks in the Western Cape – didn’t miss anything did I?

Colum
    Participant

At the start of the second half the MK goalie arrives in front of the Home End. Anyone of a polite disposition should look away now…

https://www.facebook.com/notcolin/videos/10154708481052670/

martindownunderdon
    Participant

As a Don from the early sixties how did i feel when we played them yes i wanted to win but that was all. As I’m so far away now the anger is still there not to there supporters but to him for doing what he did to our club.Never for give never forget and i think if i saw him in the street i think i would punch him on the nose. People say that being there and getting the result has made it feel alot better,yes we have a club to be proud of and a club which can go on to bigger and better things,yes i love my club but I’m still bitter. COYD.

Colum
    Participant

Just listened to the interview with former Dons managers. Dave Anderson and Terry Brown. What a great watch it was. The stand out quote was from Dave talking about meeting Jon Main as he came to the ground yesterday. John looked at the police presence, turned to Dave and said, “It wasn’t like this when we played Chipstead.”

ROTFL.

liamwimbo
    Participant

Wednesday here in London Town. It’s a lovely spring day. I’m on holiday away from the mindless tedium of work. Frequenting pubs, drinking real ale and watching the racing from Cheltenham. Can it be any better?

YES! Seeing my beloved Dons beat the scummy Franchise bastards at Kingsmeadow. The win in the JPT was great, especially the picture of Ardley that night. But beating them in the League (and thereby staying well above them on the table) is something else. Probably up there with the Luton and Plymouth games.

Although I was supposed to be in the Chemflow, I ended up in the John Green stand, so quite near the Franchise customers. A group just to the left of me were in fine voice, singing Dons songs and abusing their mob in equal measure. Naturally I joined in, as my main objective for coming all this way was to vent my anger at Wankerman et al.

As for the football, the first half was pretty uneventful. Wimbledon totally dominated possession with Elliott winning headers and LTB looking lively, but with no cutting edge.

Second half, the Dons started well, but many of the crosses were being overnight. Being up the other end, the first goal was a bit of a blur. Finally a decent cross came in, and all of a sudden, the ball was in the net, but it took me a half second to sink in.

No such problem with the second goal. Pure quality from LTB, and surely a contender for goal of the season? The Frannies then had their best spell of the match, but thankfully it only lasted 5 minutes and Shea somehow managed to keep out their one effort on goal.

6 minutes of extra time seemed excessive, but the Dons saw it through with no real scares.The final whistle was greeted with delirium and more chanting directed at the customers. We decamped to a local pub, ordered champagne and cheered again when the goals were shown on the TV.

Another chapter written in our amazing story. We are very close to sealing our place in L1 next season, with a strong chance of finishing higher than the scum. It may be wishful thinking to hope that they get sucked into the bottom four, but stranger things have happened.

Never Forgive, Never Forget.

PS Wrote this without looking at other posts by the far more eloquent voices on here. Will check them out now.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 replies - 625 through 630 (of 1,168 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.