The Lounge

Home Forums WDSA Forum The Lounge

This topic contains 1,206 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Wimbledon_rumours 4 days, 5 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic

onyadon
    Keymaster

The Lounge

I’ve decided to spruce up the web-site a wee bit (even with our new logo – any comments?). Another new feature is the single thread forum, so you can jump on and have your say, ask a question or just read what is being said. As I always say the forum is only as strong as what you make of it, so I would urge you to contribute and regularly to keep it all worthwhile. BTW, if you want to check something in the old forum it is now archived and the link is below… Okay let’s hear from you …

Looking for the old forum? You can view the read-only archived version here.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Adam Dodds.
Viewing 6 replies - 613 through 618 (of 1,206 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Singapore Don
    Participant

You’re such a tease Rob! No clues on keeper or academy sale? My money would be on Olusunja to Chelsea. He’s a real talent; a shame we didn’t use him apart from that June game at the end of the 2015-16 season.

onyadon
    Keymaster

Following the tribunal ruling on the Will Mannion fee from Hull City, hearing the Dons are likely to be selling another young academy player for substantially more in the next week or two.

onyadon
    Keymaster

Hearing Dons are close to signing a goalkeeper from the Championship… it could be announced when he and Ardley are back from holidays in early June.

Colum
    Participant

The new club website is up and running.

Positives
    – It looks a lot cleaner.
    – Less confusing to find content.
    – Has a responsive layout for better optimisation on tablets / phones.

Negatives

– Can’t see many of you paying £110 to subscribe to (sic) iFollow.
    – The site is not very well optimised for large laptop screens.
    – Sponsor logos are buried down the bottom of each page.

Colum
    Participant

Anyone who has had the misfortune to have a dispute with our HMRC, knows it can be a very painful business. When the tax system is so darn complicated that even they don’t fully understand it, mistakes are bound to happen.

If this was the USA we’d have fired off a litigation case for a sullied reputation. As it is, we just publish a statement and no doubt pay a legal bill to get things clarified.

Singapore Don
    Participant

Many thanks Windlesham, very kind. The years seem to flash by far too quickly now! An Ale FC Wimbledon beer glass was a particularly welcome present this year. I hope to toast many a victory with it next season ?

Viewing 6 replies - 613 through 618 (of 1,206 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.